Are you ready to invest in the Great Western Catskills?
An amazing opportunity awaits you. The Delaware Inn is a destination luxury country inn located in the Village of Stamford, NY. The inn features 19 guest rooms (one of them handicapped accessible), one suite, a spacious ballroom and pre-function area, catering kitchen, two conference rooms, and a restaurant/tavern space.
The 19th-century Inn has long been a focal point of community life. The first election of Stamford village officers took place there in 1870. The post office was located in the building for many years, and Theodore Roosevelt is said to have stayed there in the early 1900s when he was Police Commissioner for New York City.
In 2007, the Catskill Watershed Corporation
(CWC), a non-profit local development corporation responsible for economic development in the NYC Watershed, purchased this landmark inn and began a massive reconstruction project. All of the structural and engineering work has been done, and the inn awaits your personal decorative finishing touches.
The CWC is seeking a buyer with motivation and vision. The CWC will offer guidance to the purchaser, as well as act as a mortgage holder to the well qualified buyer.
Guest Rooms Features
- Pre-wired for TV, phone and internet
- Subway tiled bathrooms
- One piece bathtub or shower enclosures
- Key card door entry system
- Many have connecting doors to create 2 room suites
- Two rooms have kitchen area capabilities
- Three rooms are wired for fireplace installation
- Balcony off of third floor common area
- Spacious common area on second floor landing
- Suite with kitchen area and jetted tub on third floor
- ADA accessible room on first floor
- Sound dampening foam between rooms
Public Area Features
- Bluestone front reception counter
- Hickory wood floors
- Spacious front porch overlooking Main Street
- Restaurant/tavern area (1,400 +/- square feet) with stone fireplace
- Ballroom area (1,000+/- square feet) with a large pre-function/reception area
- Two break-out rooms (each 400+/- square feet) complete with original beams
- Public rest rooms on main floor
Energy Saving Features
- Geothermal radiant floor heat (estimated cost at current electric rates $6,000 - $8,000/year)
- Solar hot water
- Triple pane windows
- Super insulated throughout
- Sprinkler system
- Air exchange system
- New architectural shingled roof
- New concrete foundation
- Entirely new framing, plumbing and electric
- Kitchen area with delivery doors
- Section of basement area usable for public access such as spa or gym
- Village water and sewer
- Parking lot